Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hawaii Ironman

I watched the NBC compilation of the 2007 Hawaii Ironman this afternoon. Wow. I remember watching it online in real-time, but this time they had all of the amazing "regular people" stories all packaged into a neat Hallmark-type story.

I'll admit that I cried more than once watching people cross the finish line. I don't feel any rush to complete an Ironman in the next few years, but I know it won't be THAT long until I do one. I'm definitely not ready to put that much of myself into training right now...

However, I am definitely inspired.

3 comments:

Slingshot said...

Damn, I meant to record that before I left town, and I missed it :(

Joey said...

How can you watch it and not get teary eyed? Especially the way they package it.

Dionn said...

I DVR'd it (college football was on...I couldn't resist) and can't wait to watch it! I LOVE this broadcast.

and yes...I cry at least once during the show...