Friday, December 07, 2007

So this is what relaxed feels like....

I took a vacation day today. Aside from a little bit of work, I really did take the day off and it felt awesome. I got a run in before 9:00am, spent some quality time communing with nature, and then road-tripped to Dallas with Mike.

The trip went by in no time, thanks in part to a really funny three-way conversation with Kerry. The Dallas White Rock Expo was nothing special, though chasing around an inflatable walking spaceman was kinda fun. Being with my parents is great, and my family even managed a game of Scrabble, which I won. (Sorry, Mike! Quad + Id + triple word score!)

Anyway, it's really nice to be away from it all. I've needed this. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend and to practicing how to relax. Tomorrow I will get to spend some quality time with friends I haven't seen in ages. I'll send all of my positive thoughts to Kerry as she runs the Sunmart 50K. And Sunday I'll give all the positive energy I can to Mike as he runs the Dallas Marathon.

Deep breath. Deep deep breath. It feels great.

No comments: