Saturday, November 24, 2007

Family Vacation = Success

Thanksgiving was great this year. My parents made the trek to Austin and stayed with us for 4 days. It was so awesome to spend time with them, especially since they stayed at my house instead of a hotel this year.

We didn't fight at all, and I was actually really sad to see them go. I wish they would move to Austin so I could see them more!

Some highlights:
  • Eating at Chuy's and actually not having to wait
  • Watching my dad work at Spec's, and woo the store manager with his mad sales skills
  • Thanksgiving tradition: Turkey Trot + Threadgills (Candied Yams = Yum!!) + Cowboys
  • Lots of crossword puzzles
  • 4 games of scrabble (I kicked butt. Sorry, Dad!)
  • Breakfast at Magnolia and at Galaxy Cafe
  • Going to the gym Friday morning and being the second person there out of 4 total.
  • Watching our dogs react to Sweetie Pie, my parents miniature toy poodle
  • Visiting Terry & Pat, and my mom buying us a cool metal bird we've been wanting
  • Organizing all of our CDs & playing with our Ipod Shuffles
  • Giving a bunch of my clothes to my mom, who now fits in them. She is looking very hip!
  • Not fighting. No tension. No unease. Just happy to have my parents around.

This was my Dad at specs. He's the Riedel distributer, and was checking out the display.


I love Scrabble!!

Sweetie Pie in her new sweater my mom bought on Friday.

What's better than migas and french toast at Galaxy?

2 comments:

meredith said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The French Toast looks sooo tasty :)
mer

Anonymous said...

We also had a great time!!!!!!
Love,
Mom & Dad