Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Trot

I ran the Thundercloud Turkey Trot 5 Miler this morning. I was pretty nervous about running since I've been feeling (and running) so slowly lately.

Last year: 5 miles - 44:44 - 8:57 pace.
This year: 5 miles - 41:14 - 8:15 pace.

Needless to say, I'm pretty darn happy. (I could have gone faster too, but I started pretty slow. My first mile was 9:30 - the rest were all sub 8's.) The course is somewhat hilly, and it felt very fun to pass so many people from miles 2-5. For the first time, I feel like all those leg presses I've been doing paid off up the hills.

It was really great to meet up with Leslie, Amy & Amy before the race and for the first mile. It was also great to see Glenda at the end - 3rd place in her age group - awesome!

Lastly, it was the BEST to run the last leg with my dad for the third year in a row. This year he broke one hour - walking!!!!! He is amazing & I am so proud of him. It was great to spend Thanksgiving morning doing what I love - spending time with friends and family and running!

4 comments:

MW said...

wow!! That is a great improvement!
good job!!!

Kris said...

It's all about enjoying the experience, and it sounds like you did. Congratulations on your improvement over last year, and hats off to your dad--under an hour walking, wow!! :)

dr mel said...

What a great run, Erin! Way to go!

Shorey said...

I didn't realize you were that fast! Good job!