Friday, November 02, 2007

AWESOME FRIDAY!!!!

Today was the best Friday ever.

First, I managed to finally drag my butt out of bed and go run this morning. 5 miles at 5:30am - perfect! Though I was supposed to meet Kerry, I ended up running alone. I love running with Kerry, but I was also glad to be able to run at an easier pace and relax with my Ipod. No stomach problems, either, which was a blessing.

Next, I went to work for just a moment- for those who may have seen a "secret" post that no longer exists on my blog - let's just say that everything is MUCH better at work as of this morning. (Also, for anyone curious, my marketing manager in Houston is doing splendidly, which is a huge relief to me.)

Then, I went to Cabellas (Yes, Cabellas!) for an AAFAME Board of Directors retreat. After years of working me like a dog (the president's words, mind you!) they voted me to be a board member. This is really cool, because not only do I represent the entire vendor membership of a 350+ member group, I don't actually have to do anything except show up. Today, I got to hang out with a bunch of my friends and just throw my input in every now and then - awesome!
Now, in regards to Cabellas... what a place for a liberal vegetarian! Some highlights:
1) Hot pink camo.
2) More dead stuffed animals than I ever would have cared to see. (After the initial shock, I was okay, honest.) Included in this list: deer, mountain lions, coyotes, zebra, lions, warthogs, grizzly bears, a giant moose, a polar bear, real lions, etc...
3) An aquarium with giant catfish. (Ewww - why would you eat that??)
4) A Barbie fishing pole. Yes, Barbie. I guess to go with the hot pink camo.
5) A stuffed otter. When I asked my friend Stac why anyone would shoot an otter, he replied "Because you can."
Anyway, after my board retreat - I took some "erin" time and went to one of my favorite places in Austin. It was the most perfect way to spend my afternoon. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Then, I met the group at Chuy's for happy hour for a bit. And then, we went to a show opening at Artspoken Gallery. One of our favorite artists, Amy Lindsey Joynt, was showing and (surprise) we bought a piece. It is so cool... I'll post a picture soon. The evening ended with falafel at Sarah's Market and now I have 3 crossword puzzles waiting for me in the que before I go to bed.

Tomorrow I am riding the metric century WurstRide. Thanks to Lulu & Scooter for holding my true to my word on this one... I'm nervous about 63 miles, but looking forward to being back on my bike for more than 20 mile increments.

Anyway, I am so happy to report that I am feeling much better about work lately.

And, not surprisingly, life too.

3 comments:

Shorey said...

For the record, I do not eat catfish. EVER. Glad you've had a great ending to your week.

MW said...

Congratuations on becoming a Board Member!
That is fantastic!!!

Dionn said...

CONGRATS!

And hot pink camo?? I heading to the store RIGHT NOW! ;)