Friday, November 16, 2007

A few pictures & an update...

Rather than post a long drawn out post of what I've been up to lately, I thought I'd post a few pictures and a quick update. I may get more motivated to update later, but for now... a few pics from my lovely Palm Treo:
The Golf Tournament - not a bad way to spend a Friday. It's work, but the fun kind of work. I coordinated my fourth company tournament for about 100 people. The Garage- we cleaned the garage last Saturday. At least, we cleaned enough out to make 2 full car trips to Goodwill, post 3 furniture pieces on Craig's List, and have an entire side yard full of trash. The result? We can now put our bikes in the garage versus in the living room.

The Elevator - You didn't think I'd stay away from Houston for long, now did you? Here is the infamous non-working elevator at my usual hotel. So yes, I obviously went back to Houston. It was fun to be back there, but I reconfirmed that Austin is where I want to stay. Moving forward, I'm hoping that I will mostly stick to Houston day trips. Still, it was really fun to see my Houston gang.

Generally speaking, this was a really great week. Minus a few hiccups, I really enjoyed myself. Work was pretty easy. I got to attend a ton of association events, which I love. I managed to run more than normal, I swam once, and I even got on my bike this afternoon to head to South Austin with Scot. I got to run with Robert yesterday. I went to the gym 5 days in a row! I had the most fun at Magnolia Cafe this morning that I've ever had. I finally got to have lunch with Meredith today. I visited Ostrich's office. I went on an art preview tour for E.A.S.T. (East Austin Studio Tour) last night, went to Terry's preview party tonight, and I have a fun filled art weekend ahead of me. I've spent some true quality time connecting with people who are important to me, and it has been wonderful.

Next week my parents are coming to visit for Thanksgiving and I am very excited. I have a lot to be thankful for right now.

1 comment:

Shorey said...

While I was in NYC I went to MoMA, and MoA&D & totally thought about you. There were some interesting exhibits. It's unusual that I have time to do that when I'm there on business, but it was a blast. Glad you're having an art-filled weekend that you'll no doubt enjoy.