Friday, August 14, 2009

Random Shabbat Dinner

In all the random things in my life.... I have further proof that you have to put yourself out there.

By calling up my long lost friend Lara... who, mind you, used to be physically attached to my hip as we transversed Israel together; and whom I spent bringing in the new century with in the middle of New York City.... I am now going to have my first Shabbat dinner in over 10 years.

I'm supposed to be celebrating my annual girl's weekend with Annie, Jenna & Rachel... but as life throws you curve balls, I'm not there this weekend. Instead, I am about to dive into some spiced apple challah with the girl who looks just as she did when we were 16. She is every bit as beautiful, inside & out, and I am every bit as grateful to be a part of her life, even if only for this evening.

Shabbat Shalom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't you the sweetest???
I am so happy you joined us--you added so much. True friends know no space, distance or time between. Loved reading your daily reminiscings.Sending oodles of love to your cheshire cat smile from this Lucy-loving Bridgette. xoxo