Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Girl 101

For Father's Day, I was recounting some of my favorite moments with my dad. There was the time we went on a daddy/daughter date in London and got icecream sundaes at Tootsie's. There was the time we went to the haunted house in San Fransisco and he had to coax me out because I was so scared.  There was the time we explored the Roman Forum together early on a summer morning. There were all the times we sung a song about one of his lines, Schott Zwiesel. (The Schott group is the leader... it's ahead in every class! And all our products are world leaders... it's a special kind of glass!) There was the time we danced to "The Wind Beneath My Wings" at my cousin's wedding, and he swirled me around the dance floor like a princess. There was our most recent date in Chicago visiting the art museum and drinking at the hotel bar. There are the turkey trots we now finish together. There are the often daily calls we share as he drives home from work. There are all the times I see him work and I'm filled with pride. There are the times when I do something well and can't wait to share and make him proud.  And there are all the countless & silly "dances of joy" we have done over the past 20 years.

I can't pick a favorite. To be honest, any time I spend with my dad is my favorite time.

No comments: