Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I Hate Das Boot!

I confess... I hate Das Boot. I think it's stupid, and I don't really think I need to wear it.

Joe on the other hand thinks I do. I don't get it!! Just because I try to move large furniture and hurt myself... or get surges of foot pain throughout the day... or still can't stand up straight on my right leg... I have to wear it? He also claims the Internet (which says I can wear sneakers now) is not a valid doctor. Hmpf.

I'm going to be honest. This boot represents a lot of my own self drama and excuses of late. Even before I had foot surgery, I felt crippled knowing I wouldn't be able to work out for nearly 2 months. More specifically, knowing that I love food (and by that I mean not healthy food), that I would never be able to sustain my crazy RF diet, and that I would be unable to exercise after surgery gave me all the ammunition I needed to have a physical + mental breakdown. (Yes, here comes crazy! Watch out!) In a way, I figured that all of my 3 months of insane work through RF would be lost, and I kinda... well... gave up.

Looking back, I am pissed at myself for taking on this method of thinking.  Cry me a river, seriously. You can't work out for 6 weeks? Big deal! That doesn't mean you should rebel by eating cupcakes!

But alas, I find myself stuck in this stupid boot, flanked with a lot of regret, embarrassment, and a trail of lame excuses. (Walking around in Das Boot does not do wonders for one's self esteem, let me tell you. Try to look good in rolled up jeans & a sneaker. It ain't happening, people. I will opt to stay home, thankyouverymuch.)

I figure the only way to get over my drama is to admit my own defeat and press reset. I'm putting it out there publicly that I will stop wallowing in my own stupid misery and focus on getting healthy again. I need to know that I can do it... because I'm honestly skeptical... but the least I can do is try.  Das Boot will be an excuse no more, damn it!

4 comments:

meredith said...

2 weeks at a time! And, daily hugs and venting sessions as needed :)

Sadie J said...

You look super cute in your boot, are you kidding? Hope it feels better soon and that you can resist the cupcakes (for me it is ice cream and milkshakes). Really...you look cute in Das Boot!

erin said...

thank you girls!! i need it :)

Yvonne said...

Das Boot? That's weird, I never had a boot, just a shoe booty (nothing above the ankle, however I still had to do PT), but STILL take one day at a time..and don't be so hard on yourself! The RF diet and constantly working out is not an ideal way to live forever anyways (IMO), life gets in the way at times and what matters most is what makes you happy (and also not having a painful bunion). You'll be back at it in no time. It already seems like you are w/the boot anyways :) I agree with everyone else, you look cute in the boot!