Thursday, January 03, 2013

Barcelona (& Beyond) Wish List

I thought it would be helpful to write down everything I want to do in Barcelona to ensure I actually do it all. My time is more limited than I'm giving credit for.

The City of Barcelona:
  • Explore the Parc de la Cituadella - check!
  • Explore the Olympic Village - Check!
  • Go for a run along the edge of Barceloneta - Check!
  • Picasso Museum - check!
  • Miro Museum - check!
  • A meal at Can Costa in Barceloneta - Check!
  • Coffee at Cafe de l'Opera - Check!
  • Palace Guell - Check!
  • Explore Montjuic and the Castle - Check!
  • Afternoon in Tibidabo - Check!
  • Monestir de Pedralbes - Check!
  • Barcelona Aquarium - Check!
  • National Art Musuem (MNAC) - Check!
  • Sant Pau del Camp - check! 
  • Museum of Contemporary Art Barcelona (MACBA) - check!
  • Museum Europa de Art Modern - check!
  • Interior of Sagrada Familia - check!
  • La Pedrera - check!
  • Santa Maria Del Pi - check!
  • Casa Batllo

I'm sure I will come and add to this list.  Then of course, there is the list of things I want to do in Spain. Day Trips, Weekend Trips, etc...

The Country of Spain:
  • Day trip to Montserrat - check!
  • Costa Brava (Figueres, Portlligat to visit Dali's house, and Cadaques) - Check!
  • Madrid (for at least a few days) - check!
  • The Alhambra in Granada (*need to plan this one)
  • Sevilla - check!
  • Bilbao (The Guggenheim!!!!) and the Basque Country - check!
  • Malaga + Marbella
And of course, there are more places I want to see outside of Spain. Not that I need to do all of it now, of course. But since I'm in list mode:

Beyond Spain:
  • Portugal: Lisbon, Port - check!
  • Morocco- Check!
  • Croatia: Dubrovnik
  • Germany: Berlin- Check!
  • Turkey: Istanbul
  • Denmark: Copenhagen
  • Czech Republic: Prague - Check!
  • France: Bordeaux - check!, Normandy - check!
  • Italy: Florence, Venice, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast
These are some big lists, but I'm going to do my best to make them happen!  I will have help to, as James/Kristin/Jen are definitely wanting to take some Spanish road trips, Taline will be here in March (and we will conquer a lot of the Barcelona items), I will meet Angie/Lauren/Julie in France over Spring Break, and hopefully my parents will visit early April. I have my apartment until April 15, and Angie will be hanging out with me in Europe (or elsewhere?) until May 14! See, there is a method to my madness.  (I welcome more visitors!!!)

Seriously, I appreciate any and all recommendations.  I suppose my first step is to step away from my computer, huh? ;)

No comments: