Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lazy, lazy, lazy!

I have done absolutely nothing since Sunday. My weekly mileages have gone from:

30/103/3800 (run/bike/swim)
30/100/4000
30/100/4000

to

0/0/0.

As much as I'd like to use my allergies, my pink left eye or work as an excuse - I can't. Frankly, I'm just lazy! And I don't care! I'm embracing my recovery week way more than I need to. :)

I'm also perhaps recovering from how busy I've been keeping. Saturday, Kris & I had one of the best long rides ever - we rode from my house to Five Mile Damn in Kyle/San Marcos (60 miles roundtrip) and saw Panther race in the 10K, the Buda Weiner Dog Races and the Asian Dragon Boat Races - all without getting off our bikes. I saw Young at Heart that afternoon (3rd "sing-along"ish event in 3 days!) and loved it. Holly and I had planned to run 12 miles Sunday morning, but instead I did lots of housework while it poured outside. Met Mike & Kerry for breakfast, then somehow managed to knock out 13 miles on the trail. (Thanks big time to Holly & Leslie for getting me through them.) Rode my bike for 10 more to get to my weekly mileage goals, then just about collapsed into Sunday night. It was a great weekend.

Monday started with a 7:45am meeting, and then a 13 hour day spent at Onion Creek for the annual BOMA Golf Tournmanet. This was my first time actually golfing, and I sucked. I should have practiced, because it would have been nice to make contact with the ball every once in a while. But, I didn't. My team "won" last place and was recognized at the awards dinner - it was funny yet also pretty humiliating. (We won a free entry into a bowling tournament, which should be equally embarrassing.) My thoughts on golf - dang it is hard!! And it takes forever. And ever. And ever. Not a good game for those with short attention spans. My partner and I did create a new game, though, which was very fun: Golf Polo. I was better at that, and it was definitely more of a "high impact" sport. I don't think the course marshalls appreciated our game though. Oops.

Tomorrow I head to Houston - the first time since December 19th. I might even spend the night at the fabulous Four Points. Good times, people. Good times. Hmmm, maybe I can leave the snake there.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a workout in sometime soon. I feel my body slowly melding into my chair. Not a good sign at all! I need to make sure I can fight off that snake if needbe. :)

No comments: