Saturday, December 27, 2008

best recovery drink ever!

In keeping with my cooking theme... here is what I've been making recently as a recovery drink. (Er.... when I actually work out. Yeah.) It's nearly the perfect 4:1 carb to protein ratio, and it's full of bananas, coffee & chocolate milk. Blend everything together & enjoy... YUM!

BANANA MOCHA BLEND

1 medium banana

3/4 cup low-fat milk (1%)

4 tsp artificial sweetener (such as Equal or Splenda)

1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tsp instant coffee granules

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

5 ice cubes (4 - 6)

More info here on Calorie King.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this was in Runner's World awhile back. Very good drink!

Unknown said...

Given the time of year, I thought this was going to be a hangover recovery drink. Not that I'm looking for one or anything.