Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Counting Down...

I only have 5 more days of gluttony, whining, sloth, malaise, etc...

T3's Ironman CdA kickoff meeting is Sunday morning. That means our official training starts Monday. I have seriously forgotten what it takes to be dedicated to something like this.

In review of the past 3 months, what have I accomplished?
  • Avoid nearly all T3 workouts since beginning of November? Check!
  • Able to count the times I've ridden my bike on one hand? Check!
  • Injure myself by trying to run too much, and then not be able to run for a month? Check!
  • Eat my weight in peanut butter? Check!
  • Outgrow all my workout clothes to the point where I need a "fit" pile and my current "out of shape" pile. Check!
  • Whine, bitch, and complain about signing up for Ironman? Check!
Anyway... in light of all of these glorious accomplishments, I knew the end of my freedom was approaching, so I have taken some steps to prepare myself, including:
  • Travel to Arizona to watch a live Ironman so I can see what my future holds.
  • Finish getting my house in order so I don't have too many projects once training starts. (This includes: getting a washer & dryer, finish all the painting, hang up all artwork and robot displays, buy any outstanding items like a TV and a coffee table.)
  • Plan a nutrition strategy! I just bought a beautiful Foreman 360 so I can make healthy food quickly. Jess is teaching me how to cook. I'm loaded up on vitamins. And... I'm eating meat again. I'm hoping all of this, combined with returning to Mer's eating plan, will do me good!
  • Bought new workout clothes. I am pretty stocked up for now. I cannot use "dirty clothes" or "not the right equipment" as an excuse to skip a workout.
  • Utilize a free 30-day membership at 24 hour fitness so I could spend about 30 minutes in the pool for the past few weeks to remember what water feels like.
  • Two massages down, one per month to come...
  • Started attending T3 workouts again. Swim on Sunday & Monday... Spin tonight...Core tomorrow... it's all coming back to me...
As much as I've been negative lately, I will say that I am very much looking forward to training again. I've been an emotional rollercoaster for the past few months.I need to regain some control in my life, reconnect with my friends and get myself healthy.

The plan is in place. It's time to open my eyes, stop freaking out, and enjoy the ride.

June 21, 2009 will be quite the day. 2009 will be quite the year. Just wait and see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your accomplishments. It made me laugh. Breaks are good. Besides you are about to be a training machine.

Go Erin Go!

plain-jane said...

2009 will be a good year! Washer/dryer was a really good idea - you'll be doing tons of laundry during training.

Maggie said...

it was fun embracing the off season.
Looking forward to joining you for swim, spin, and your recovery runs!!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

It's a ride we'll be on together and I'll force you to enjoy it (or I'll just annoy the heck out you!)