Monday, December 22, 2008

Cha..cha...cha...cha...CHANGES!

I'm thinking it's time to return to blogging. I've been taking a bit of hiatus because I felt like I had very few positive things to write about. Wrong!

There are lots of changes in my world. I was thinking this morning that I am returning to age 15. Strange thing to say, but here's why:

First: I AM NO LONGER A VEGETARIAN!
I had not eaten meat - and by meat, I mean nothing that had a face - for over 12 years. TWELVE YEARS. I've been contemplating giving up my veggie ways all year, but could never find the guts to do it. Ultimately, it came down to the question of "why AM I vegetarian, anyway?" Turns out, it was more because it's how I've been for years - i.e. it is my identity - rather than not actually liking meat. It's hard to let go of something you've held on to for 12 years, you know?

Plus, with ironman training coming, eating meat seems like a smart thing to do. So, at a recent happy hour at Union Park, I took the plunge! (Perhaps I should more accurately say someone shoved shrimp tempura in my face.) Man, it was yummy. What have I been missing all these years? :) Anyway, I'm now eating chicken and fish. I can't stomach the idea of a four legged animal yet... but in time...

Second: I BOUGHT MY FIRST TV!!
I'm not kidding. I've never bought my own television before. I had one growing up, thanks to Mom & Dad. I really don't like tv at all, and I haven't missed having one over the past year. But, I will be watching a lot of movies over the next few days - and I figured having something to watch them on would be helpful. (This reminds me of when I was 15 - it took me years to get my first CD player, and I only ended up buying one because the soundtrack I wanted didn't come in a tape.)

I am now the owner of a 32" flat screen. It is sitting all nice and pretty in my loft, just waiting for me to curl up and relax in front of it. For the record, I will not be buying cable. That would be too much.

Third: I am playing piano again!
I finally moved my piano in last month, and it's been so much fun trying to play again. I really need to get it tuned - but until then, that serves as a good excuse for why it sounds so awful! I feel slightly bad for my neighbors, because sometimes I play at 5:30 in the morning when I don't want to go work out. Hopefully the screeching sound doesn't carry...

So, anyway, it has not been since I was 15 that all of these things have come together. I must say I'm excited about all three - they are like three new worlds opening up to me. Good stuff. :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

hurray for 15...i try to be perpetually seven...but then well i still need to drive and have some adult beverages...seven going on 21

Dionn said...

15...ahh..that was a great year indeed!

YAY!