Monday, December 15, 2008

Erin

I can't stop thinking about Erin. She was so beautiful, funny, charming, energetic, sweet... One of those people with boundless energy and always a smile on her face. If you didn't know her, but followed her blog (linked right), you could sense all of this through her writing.

I'd only known her for half a year. We met at T3 swim clinic and instantly bonded over being the "Erin's." We swam side by side each other, supported each other and cheered for each other. I got to know her better when she joined full T3 training and we'd spin together or hang out at happy hour.

Erin started the Dallas Marathon yesterday full of hope and excitement - her mind set on qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Unfortunately, she didn't finish.

I'm still in shock. I can't stop thinking about her or her husband. Life can be so great and yet so cruel. I just don't know what to say.

No comments: