Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a few things...

Just brainstorming a few of the things that are really important to me right now.

1) My family. It's just Mom, Dad & me... but they are number one for me. I'm blessed for them.

2) My friends. They love me regardless, no matter how much of an idiot I am. They support me, console me, motivate me and share in my life.

3) My training group. I admit it, I need this group. I was not feeling the urge to go to Core this morning, but I knew I needed the energy of the team. An hour later, I left feeling invigorated. I have NEVER left this group feeling worse than when I showed up. There's really not a lot of things you can say that about.

4) My training. It seems to be the first thing to go when things get tough... but I have recommitted and am feeling so much better about myself. Yesterday actually felt like I was training for an Ironman - and I was surprised at how happy that made me.

5) Love. Whether in the form of a sweet email or a giant hug, I am a complete sucker for love right now. I usually try to strong and selfless, but right now I'm admitting defeat... and I'm openly needy.

That's it. When thinking about what's important right now, that's what comes to mind.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Who doesn't love a huge bear hug;-) You can be strong, independent and still enjoy love all at once.

Glad you're training again.

Priscilla said...

Be careful Erin, Katie's very selective on who she gives her hugs too :) If you get a Katie hug, it's really worth 100 normal hugs :) :) :) Thanks for being my spinning bud last night, and you about killed me with your 15 minute run, way to go!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Here comes some love to you!!

Unknown said...

Fool- don't be tellin' my hug worth!

etg said...

ALWAYS be a sucker for love:) You've got plenty of it around you...soak it up!