Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mr. Bouncy Noodle Guy

Every once in a while, I come across a blog post that brings me to tears - laughing, that is. I must share my friend Jim's thoughts on Hotel Fitness Rooms. Hilarious. My abs hurt from laughing so hard.

His stories of the people exercising at hotels leads me to share about Mr. Bouncy Noodle Guy at the gym today.

As I was doing my recovery swim, I spotted this funny little man pacing around. An attempt to describe him as politely as possible, I will say that he was about 50 years old, very skinny, not from this country and was wearing gigantic green swim trunks that he kept pulling up to his nipples.

Back and forth he went, pacing around the pool.... into the steam room... out of the steam room.... into the hot tub.... out of the hot tub.... over the equipment to grab a noodle (!?).... back and forth by the pool... and.... into the lane next to me. All was fine until I started breathing to my right. Because here is where I looked over to see that this guy had straddled a noodle and was attempting to bounce down the lane. Bounce. Bounce. Adjust his noodle. Bounce.... Honestly, I almost drowned I was laughing so hard and choking on water.

But it gets better... I headed to the hot tub when I was done, and in he comes. Guess he'd had enough noodle bouncing. Then I head to the steam room, which is not steamy, and he enters with a bottle of water. He walks over to the sign that says "DO NOT POUR WATER HERE" and is about to pour water everywhere. He's stopped, which in itself was funny, but then he proceeds to sit down right next to me. Seriously, the remaining seating area was empty. Why did he have to sit right next to me!?

Sheesh. Jim, don't be surprised if he ends up at one of your hotel fitness centers! At any rate, I hope he got a good workout in with his noodle.

4 comments:

MW said...

: )
He sounds Asian. Was he Asian?!

Too funny!

Maggie said...

too funny!
remember that time we were swimming at lifetime and that guy had that huge fin hat you put both feet in? it looked like orca was in the lane! and then he would do a handstand, with his orca fin in the air, to turn around. I almost peed from laughing so hard that day.

erin said...

Ah yes, dear Maggielou... I was just reminiscing of the Orca Man tonight.

You have a habit of randomly peeing places don't you. ;)

Unknown said...

Was this him ? http://bit.ly/XKkLg

I was in the wet sauna at Lifetime yesterday, 4 guys in there, 3 of us wearing towels. One guy wearing a towel - over his head. Also wearing a sweatshirt, a t-shirt, underwear, shorts, white socks and tennis shoes.