Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Swimming

I'm really starting to like swimming again. In fact, the only thing I don't like about it is that it takes me forever to get showered and ready once I'm done.

Anyway, swimming is awesome. Today I met some of the team for an open water swim at Barton Springs. First time back in the open water in weeks. First time back in the wetsuit. 2400m on the schedule. Ready... set... go!

Wow, Barton Springs is so clean!!!! I'm not sliding all over the place. I can see fish! It's so pretty! It's cold, but not too cold! My wetsuit actually feels good! Kick, 2, 3, Kick, 2, 3....

Ouch! How come I always headbutt the duck decoy? Oh well, keep going...

Ouch! I hit it again! Out of this entire pool, why do I keep running into that?

Ouch! That was a person this time. Oops. Maybe I need to site better?

Oh, there's a lady with a noodle! Maybe she is friends with Bouncy Noodle Guy!

Kick, 2, 3, Kick, 2, 3....

Arms are tiring. This wetsuit is making my whole body a bit tired... Almost done though...

Ironman is nearly twice this distance I'm doing today? Yikes!

Keep going... oh, close call with the duck again...

And... DONE!

What a beautiful morning! Even if nearly every inch of me was covered in some type of spandex. :) I'm pleased to say that I've re-embraced swimming again.

1 comment:

etg said...

Welcome back to the "I love swimming!" club:)