Friday, February 15, 2008

Great Week

In high school, one of my favorite quotes was, "The days go by like weeks, but the weeks go by like days." Definitely true this week! Whenever I was at my office, time seemed to pass painfully slow. But looking back, I have no idea where this week went!

The three highlights of the past 24 hours are: Southpaw @ Flipnotics; finding an awesome Scrabble opponent in Tony; and my first golf lesson.

Southpaw is great, and after the show I got to hang out with Mike's friends & share in my love of TMBG. A perfect relaxing laid-back evening.

Tony rocks. After figuring out we both love Scrabble (and not the online cheating player types!) - we've met up twice to play. I don't care how dorky this is going to sound - but playing with him definitely helps me up my game. We scored over 300 points each in our last two games and afterwards would just sit and admire the board.

Lastly, I think I'm going to like golf. I had my first private lesson this afternoon. I've only tried to hit balls one other time and that was a disaster. So, I was quite pleased that I could at least make contact with the ball. For the most part. Sometimes. Um, anyway... My goal is to get in some semblance of tournament shape by April so that I don't embarrass my BOMA golf team. I also am excited to pick up a new sport that will also help in my job. I can only think of 3 "clients" who are ever willing to run or bike or swim with me.

Breakfast with Kerry this morning and Michelle earlier this week were also highlights. Overall, this has been a really great week. I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend before AT&T. And then, I'm looking forward to working out like crazy again!

No comments: