Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rough Life, Weekend Days 6 & 7

Saturday morning started with intentions of running, then biking, then swimming, etc... Until I realized I didn't want to run at all and instead met Scot (and later Kris, Tim & D) for a ride. The rest of the day was filled with practicing at the driving range, meeting K&D for lunch, getting my butt kicked at Scrabble by Tony, and finally collapsing into bed by 11:00. I meant to go to a party, but it was too late, and I was way too tired.
Sunday was better... Met the group for a ride down to Cabella's, then picked up Jane to go swim. Then met a friend for a very late breakfast (i.e. 3:30pm!) and finally a rematch with Tony - to which I will say that I got extremely lucky by drawing the Q, J, & Z both games, I think.
The weather was perfect in Austin this weekend. The company was also perfect. I'm ignoring the fact that I got nothing done on my personal to-do list...

By the way, I'm taking the advice of Christopher Flett and not sending work emails out during the weekend. Even though I can think of tons of stuff to do for work, I'm resisting... and it feels great.

No comments: