Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Little Bit Spicier...

Yesterday was an awesome workout day. I met Lulu for a swim at 24 Hours. I was pleased that the pool was clear, unlike the gym at Hancock where I couldn't even see the stripe at the bottom of the lane because it was so murky. Gross! Anyway, even with a sluggish start, I still swam 1800m.

Later, I went back to 24 to do an upper body weight workout and then hit Latin Spice with Lulu. I was thinking she wasn't going to show since she had already worked out 3 times yesterday. So I was very excited when she came bouncing up (literally) 10 minutes before class.

We had such a blast! I got over the fact that I have no rhythm and instead dorked it up big time. It was more of a workout than I thought it would be - we definitely worked up a sweat. I think the instructor found us pretty amusing, which I in turn though was pretty amusing. At any rate, letting go of my inhibitions was really fun. No alcohol needed! ;)

After class we hit the sauna. I felt pretty bad for the people around us who had to listen to our conversations about training. To quote Lulu, "I could do a triathlon, but it's too easy. I'd rather run 50 miles." I could just feel the guys next to us shaking their heads in disgust. We also decided that the perfect day would be taking 5 group-x classes in a row.

I wish I could work out more this week (especially since I am up at 5:00am) but I'm trying to save my legs for Sunday. I've been having the worst runs lately and am pretty nervous about the course. I think Shaun may just kick my butt out there.

Anyway, Latin Spice was a blast. I am going to be sure to incorporate fun stuff into my training this year to keep it interesting.

3 comments:

Suellen (Scout) Adams said...

I'm glad you had a good workout day, but I gotta say I wouldn't have restricted myself to just shaking my head in the sauna. Not sure what I might've done, but it would all be out of jealousy...since even a mini-sprint tri kills me and since yesterday was the first time I could do anything approaching running since I got hurt a few weeks ago.

Lulu said...

Yesterday really was awesome! You know you can shake it girl!! And I think my moves to 'Sexy Back' may have actually scared someone!! Ha ha ha.

Thank you for making me go!

Can't wait till our all day extravaganza. And I dont think I said I would rather run 50 miles. But I definitely said Tri was too easy ;)

Missychel said...

umm...when is this class?