Monday, October 13, 2008

290 on 2222

I had quite a scare this morning.

I was on 2222, driving to T3 Swim, around 5:20. The roads were pretty slick, and believe it or not, I was fully paying attention to driving for once. Suddenly, I was veering right and my car skid out of control. It was slow motion as I spun wide about 290 degrees all over the road. When I came to a stop, I was in the middle of the road (in somewhat of a blind spot for oncoming traffic) and facing the other way. All my lights were on in the car, and it wouldn't go to drive. I put my hazards on, restarted the car (which luckily did restart), turned the car around and was on my way.

I was so lucky that I didn't spin off the road and that there were no other cars around. It was certainly a wake up call to appreciate being alive and healthy. As I was swimming, I was reminded how fortunate I am. An ironically good start to my Monday.

7 comments:

MW said...

Ouch!! Glad no cars were coming from the other direction.
I would have been in trouble, as I never care an exta pair of shorts.
; )

md said...

I'm so glad you are okay. that was a close call.
sending big safe mojo to my little E!

Dionn said...

Yes. 2222 can be quite slick in the early morning mist! I am SO glad you are ok!!!

PHEW!

Jane said...

so glad that you are alright, Erin!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You looked so calm and collected when you got to the pool, who knew?! Good to hear that you made it out of that situation safe!

Jess said...

(hug) glad you are ok my dear...what a way to start the day ught!

Priscilla said...

Yikes, glad you're ok. Good job on your workout, I probably would have gone home!!