Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fighting my Sweet Tooth

I reconfirmed yesterday that I have a problem. I'll sum it by saying that I have no portion control whatsoever when I eat. This especially applies to dessert. This week's evidence comes as an empty bag of chocolate candy corn, which I bought on Monday. Yuck!

Anyway, I gave up dessert last year for 6 months and 6 days. By the end, I didn't crave it at all. I'm not sure it made much of a difference in my appearance, but I certainly felt better. Being that I'm an all or nothing kind of girl (shocking, I know) - I find it's easier just to give things up than to try and ration. This is how I don't drink sodas and don't eat icecream. Sweets... those are harder... but it's cool. I'm ready to give them up too. My goal is to make it to CdA and celebrate the race with some chocolate cake or something. Realistically, I'll try to make it to New Years. FYI, blueberry pancakes do not count! ;)

Here I am with my last dessert of the year... strawberries and pound cake at Souper Salad. Yum!

4 comments:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Wait a minute...You consider strawberries and shortcake a dessert??? I call it FRUIT!!! Obviously, I would be destined to fail at the no desert competition. I am, however, contemplating the "one drink a week" limitation. I've been a little sloppy lately. I'll be with you in sugar cravings! Also--hoping to hit some spin classes again in the next couple of weeks. Dare I say, I miss it??

Liam O'Connell said...

are you seriously giving up sweets the day before halloween, three weeks before thanksgiving, a month and a half before christmas and new years??

damn

a.maria said...

i'm totally an all or nothing kinda girl as well. i feel ya.

i'm on the verge of giving up one of my own vices, and i just keep putting it off.

CRAP. now i feel like i should just go ahead and DO IT!!

i'm with liam though.. right before thanksgiving!!?!

girl, you crazy!

Anonymous said...

You are more woman that I am...there are certain times of the month that I just can't resist chocolate. I know, TMI. But seriously, good for you!