Thursday, October 30, 2008

Robot #2421

Nearly two years ago, I wrote this on my blog:
One of these days, after swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles, and running a marathon - I will hear the words, "Erin - you are an IRONMAN!" Until then, I thought I would share the race report of my friend Maggie, who finished her first Ironman last weekend. She has been one of my greatest inspirations, and I owe a lot of triathlons to her. I am so proud of her.

And two years later, I feel the same way!!! Go Maggie Go!!!! I am SO THERE with you. :)

Her 2006 IMFL Race Report is HERE. (She didn't have a blog then, so I had the honor of publicizing for her!)

2 comments:

Maggie said...

goodness! I just re-read that rr the other day. what memories! a not so good time leading up to the race, but a great wonderful fabulous first Ironman.

And here I am today.

Erin, thanks so much for being such a big part of my Ironman training. you are here in spirit with me. and so is Ironbot.

Slingshot said...

That robot is so cute! Good luck maggie!