Monday, October 20, 2008

Slow Start

I'm having a Monday morning that could be categorized as "why didn't I just stay in bed?!" But I'm trying to overcome it. The fact that I've made it to work, didn't forget anything yet, didn't wreck my car, and have a full cup of coffee are all extremely positive things this morning. Time to reflect on the weekend, which I should explain was great...

I had my share of Austin random fun. (Tour De Fat and learning to dance the Thriller at the Off Center were both awesome crazy things.) I love experiencing Austin... and in a way where I don't need anyone to accompany me. I am happy to put stuff out there to my friends, but if they don't want to come, that doesn't mean I won't go myself. That's pretty liberating.

That being said, it was fun to have company! At one point, my house was completely full of people and the front yard full was full of bikes. Leslie & Jon drove up and were quite taken aback, I think! It was fun to ride around with Kerry, Shorey, Panther & Mike at the Tour... funny how you can email people 100x or more a day, but we rarely see each other. Quality girl time with Maggie was perfect on Saturday night... just what I needed. I also spent a lot of time practicing honesty... which can be difficult (you know, shedding that protective shell) but ultimately a good thing.

So, back to Monday... What's going on? I guess I'm just tired and sore. I was amazed that I stayed in the pool this morning through 2500yards... it was definitely a mental battle. I'm also mentally tired, but like I said - I think that's a good thing. Anyway, it's going to be a great week. Lots going on... lots to look forward to... and in the spirit of putting stuff out there... come join me this Saturday for Thrill the World Austin!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Thanks for that article/poem. It was great. Where did you get it? I'm going to have to read it several times before my race. Thanks for thinking about me!