Sunday, October 12, 2008

Issues

I am having issues today. As much as I try to be an independent, "take care of myself" and "I don't need anyone's help" type of girl, sometimes I just can't do it all. GRRRRRRR. I hate having to rely on others when I can't do it by myself.

I need a reframe. (Like how I've made that into a noun?!)

Here goes....

I've had a really nice week and weekend. I really took it easy last week, and my soreness was gone by Wednesday. I have really enjoyed spending quality time with my close friends without feeling the pressures of training. Luckily I've been able to combine much of it with some no-pressure workouts, like swimming with Maggie, recovery rides with Ben and Rich and running with Elizabeth. I am fully stocked from Hobby Lobby & the Westbank Library, and I am now attempting some new hobbies. I had dinner with Leslie on Wednesday and it was so awesome to catch up with her. I got quality Dionn time on Thursday night. I am watching Kris' dog this weekend and he's a big mass of entertainment. I have some new projects at work which should keep me busy (in a good way.) I have lunch with Mer on Tuesday and I can't wait to hear about her race. I get company from Karma most of the week. I'm going to be starting my off-season run training soon which is pretty exciting. The weather is great. The coffee I'm drinking is yummy. I don't feel too guilty about the week of debauchery I had eating and drinking whatever I wanted. (too guilty, mind you.) Ohhh... I actually spent time in my kitchen yesterday! Turns out I kind of like the kitchen.

I have been giving a lot of thought to things that I want out of life, where I am right now and stuff like that - which is really healthy. I am feeling very appreciative of the multitude of understanding people in my life.

I think I'm going to go do laundry and watch Mad Hot Ballroom, and ignore everything that I can't accomplish on my own. In the grand scheme, I'm lucky enough that there are people who will help me if I need it.

Alright, reframe... check. I feel better.

No comments: