Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Now what...

I love making robots... largely because I don't need to have any skills. I can glue and paint all day, but that's about as far as I go. I am so excited to report that I bought my very first mitre saw!!! To occupy myself before Longhorn, I sawed arms and legs and heads on my front porch, then painted and personalized three new robots. (Final product below!)
Anyway... as I wandered around Hobby Lobby last night for about 30 minutes... I started to realize that I may have a problem. I am starting to recognize the staff. I know exactly where everything I need is. I found myself reading the craft books and getting big ideas about what projects I want to start and skills I want to learn.

Now that Longhorn is over, I think I might start up some new hobbies. My list includes: mosaics, beading, making more and better robots and sewing. I'd also love to learn how to cook. And I'd like to start ballet classes. Oh, I'd also like to start playing piano again. And start playing Scrabble again, too. And make it to the museums more often. And paint my bedroom. And take some informal classes at U.T.

Hmmm. Time to prioritize. Anyway, if I start talking about hanging out at craft stores more than once a week, please feel free to intervene. Or join me! :)

5 comments:

Dionn said...

I'm in for ballet, piano and mosiacs.

Jess said...

sewing and cooking...i'm your girl

meredith said...

what about knitting and bowling...

Yvonne said...

Piano and Cooking! Man it's been YEARS since I've touched a piano :)

Missychel said...

ballet would rule!! count me in....OMG I might actually get to see you? :)

also...you need to checkout Craft-o-Rama on south congress behind Amy's and Strut. They hold craft classes I heard and sell all sort of neat stuff.