Saturday, February 07, 2009

Saturday Update

Apparently people begin to worry when I don't blog often. (Ah hem!) So, here's a little recap of my life. It's all good, people!

Frankly, I've been so busy lately. That's a good thing, because I usually am better off when I'm juggling a lot of different things. Granted, I've been having some stressful "how will I ever cope with everything" moments... but those are scarce and usually pass quickly.

Work? Great! Busy as ever to the point where I'm working some nights again. I'm about to approach the really busy season for my company - my calendar is basically booked until mid-May. This is good, since I like my job, but also a bit overwhelming at times.

Training? Hmmmm. If I was to quantify success based on speed & progress, I would say things are not so good. Instead, I shall quantify it based on having fun and relaxing... so things are very good! I won't meet my goal hours this week, and I honestly don't even care. At this point, I'm very certain that Ironman is a one time goal - that consists of finishing - and I'm just going to have fun in the process.

Food? I'm cooking! This week I made chicken apple curry (YUM), breakfast cookies and blueberry pancakes. I'm also trying to eat meat once a day. Sometimes that's hard, but hopefully it is helping. I am not braving the 4 legged creatures yet - sticking to fish and chicken for now. One thing I have learned is that I love reading cookbooks and organizing my awesome, Jess-made recipe book far more than the actual process of cooking.

Family? I'm SO PROUD of my mom. She won a volunteer of the year award at the food bank she works for. I'm trying to figure out a way to go to her award ceremony next weekend, though it's looking more complicated each day. However, I'm so thrilled for her. She is an amazing, caring, thoughtful wonderful person, and I'm so happy she is being recognized.

Other stuff? Well... there really isn't time. No library, no crosswords, no movies.... Frankly, what I look forward to most all week is sitting on the couch on Saturdays. Oftentimes, there is no place I would rather be.

Oh, one thing... to clarify an earlier post, I wasn't actually dumped. By a guy. I was dumped by the sport of running. There have been so many people asking me how I'm coping. Uh... yeah. Sorry if that was a bit vague - I promise I am doing just fine!! "Running" (i.e. the actual sport of running, not a male) hasn't really taken me back yet. He's a tease, I tell ya!

Blog update... Check!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will call off the search dogs! -L

erin said...

But Marty is so cute, L! :)