Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Few Things I'm Learning...

Some random musings on things I've learned (or rediscovered) recently:
  • I actually like waking up at 5:00am to go work out. I used to think it was a necessary evil, but turns out I like it.
  • I like showering & getting ready at the gym. It's nice not to have all the morning distractions of my house around, so I'm forced to get ready and get out.
  • I love George Winston. He is my idol on the piano.
  • I do not need a lot of space at all. In fact, I quite like being in small space. When I grew up, my favorite room was my bathroom - I would hang out there, do my homework there, etc. I like the "den" feel of smaller spaces.
  • I have absolutely no need for a television.
  • I like making decisions. Wishy-washiness is really annoying lately.
  • I like that I pick up other people's idiosyncrasies easily. It makes me feel connected to them. Good Lord! :)
  • I adapt very easily.
  • I love skinny lattes from Starbucks. Mocha, caramel, or cinnamon dolce are my favorites.
  • I don't need that much sleep. I can sustain myself with 5 hours.
  • I love to laugh. Especially at myself.
  • I can get by without my phone. I have practiced leaving it in the car, and I get by just fine.
  • I don't need other people to go out and do something. It is nice, though.
  • I have no motivation to cook. Try as I may, I just don't. It's much easier to reach for cereal.
  • I love Tide laundry detergent and Downy fabric softener. Clothes that smell good when you put them on are the best!
  • I think I've kicked my dessert habit. I haven't had dessert since New Years Eve, and I still don't have much desire for it. Salt, however - I crave salt all the time lately.
  • I am at my core a social person. There is no reason to fight it.
  • Friends can come from the most unlikely people.
  • I think I alone can keep the Mexican food restaurants of Austin open.
  • I think it's physically impossible for me to work from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
  • I would like to buy some investment properties and get more into real estate.
  • I like walking around with my black fuzzy slippers.
  • If I could do anything for a job, I would be a personal trainer.
  • I must have art (that I like) on my walls. It is not optional for me.
  • Making my bed every morning makes me really happy. Coming home to an unmade bed sucks.
  • I like my hair straight much better than curly. I will schedule my workouts around when I am going to wash my hair.
  • I am a great listener.
  • When someone asks me to keep a secret, I will.
  • I really like helping people.
  • I can listen to the same song on repeat 20 times and not get sick of it.
  • I like going out for breakfast. I will not feel guilty about eating pancakes or biscuits.
  • I think I am officially addicted to coffee.
  • I miss my mom and dad. I wish they lived in Austin.
  • I work best when I have multiple projects going on. When I don't have much to do, I'm completely unproductive.
  • I like weekends.
  • I like my body.
  • I do NOT like traveling to Houston. (I do like text message from Houston, though.)
  • I am less emotional about work than I used to be.
  • I am more emotional about my friends than I used to be.
  • It is possible to operate in a mode where I am not feeling guilty all the time.
  • I am happy.

6 comments:

Slingshot said...

I'm addicted to skinny Cinnamon Dolce lattes!

Scot said...

You should post a picture of yourself...wearing the black fuzzy slippers, sipping a fresh Starbucks latte and donning your fav Muu Muu!! It would be titled "Erin's Totally Chillin' " ; )

md said...

I too plan my swims around when I'm gonna wash my hair!
I love showering at the gym...but then again, the bathroom at my gym is like a spa, especially the south location!
I LOVE skinny cin dolce lattes!!
I love having breakfast with you! or for that matter, eating out with you, you always find the best places to go to!
great post! there is so much on here that I can relate to.

Lulu said...

I do NOT like getting up at 5:30AM. And I do NOT like the gym. Yet there I was this AM at 5:30 doing chest press with you. Go figure ;)

Thanks for making me do it, btw....

Dionn said...

Girl...this freakin' rocks!

Inspirational even...

And I'm glad I could contribute to the cereal lovefest! ;)

Kris said...

Amen to your list! I'm so glad you're taking time to get to know and appreciate the most important person in the world, yourself! :)