Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not so Spicey!

Diane & I ventured into "Latin Spice" at 24 Hour Fitness this afternoon. We knew way before class started that we would be the 2 awkward white chicks in the back of the room. Boy, was that an understatement! This class was hard. Not athletically hard, but hard in that my hips do not move like Shakira. How disappointing!

Anyway, much to our surprise, the last 10 minutes of class were dedicated to dancing with a pole. Yes, that's right. A pole. Um... that part was actually pretty fun(ny)!

So, not a good workout, but a really funny time! I gotta say, I'm not bringing Kerry or Dionn with me to this class as they will show me up big time!!

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Ummm...maybe you didn't know this about me...but I am totally uncoordinated white chick with no rhythm at all. You have seen me dance on the bar enough to know this.

Now that D.....I am never bar dancing with her again. So I agree she should be allowed to attend :)

Dionn said...

now wait just a damn minute. I've seen both of y'all dance, up close and personal like, and y'all both have great rhythm and moves...especially for white chicks.

E - maybe you just needed a few shots before taking the class to...um...loosen up a bit? ;)

Maggie said...

this is worthless without pictures!!

Missychel said...

ummm.....count me in for the next class!!

A pole huh?.....I am shocked that there is not a single comment from the peanut gallery.