Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gym Fun

I met up with Kerry at 24 Hour Fitness yesterday for a leg workout. I usually underestimate how hard our workouts are at 24 - I think because I'm not used to that gym, I don't imagine pushing myself very hard. However, by the time we were done downstairs and made our way upstairs to do abs, my legs felt like jello.

Doing abs upstairs was fun too. Because Kerry teaches fitness classes at Apple, she knew some new "boot camp" things to do. Unfortunately, I was very uncoordinated and clumsy - so she ended up spending a lot of time chasing after the weight balls while we tried to do abs. I felt like such a goober, sitting and laughing while she tried to help me. We're going to try Latin Spice soon (with Diane!) and that should be pretty entertaining.

I wanted to swim when I was done, but there was a water aerobics class in the pool. Didn't exactly feel like battling (or joining!) that.

I've been to the gym 4 times this week: I've run or biked - zero times. Oops. Guess I'll grab my running shoes and go hit the trail during lunch. Otherwise, I will probably get too lazy and skip it once again.

By the way, I'm running the 3M half marathon this weekend with my friend Jeff's 9 year old son. He's pretty fast and should be a good running partner. The last time I ran a half marathon was at Disney World in January 2006. Hard to believe it's been 2 years! (And I call myself a runner?!)

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Damn medicine balls - they just didn't want us to use them!! That was fun. Though I am still mad my abs hurt and yours dont!