Sunday, March 16, 2008

Confessions

I have a confession. I hate reading about other people's workouts on their blogs.

But do I stop? No, of course not. Instead I constantly compare myself to them - did I swim as much? What's their run pace nowadays? They biked how many miles!? There are exceptions, of course. Crazy Mark, who is training for Ironman Arizona, writes a really interesting workout blog that I can't even begin to relate to. But the rest of them just make me question if I'm doing enough. For instance, I remember last year standing in my parent's kitchen hours after the Metroplex Sprint Tri, and Kris & I nearly got back on our bikes after reading Dionn's Danskin race report!

Here's another confession. I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing. That way if I really suck during a race, I can claim millions of excuses! Sad, isn't it?

But since I've just outed myself twice, I figure I will rejoin the bandwagon and share my workout week. After all, I'm feeling good about last week - so why not share. And also - I've made a commitment to myself. If I suck this year, it won't be because I didn't put in the work.

Monday: 4.5 mile run + 1.25 mile swim
Tuesday: gym + 6 mile quality run (including 6 x 800m repeats)
Wednesday: 2 mile swim + 17 mile bike + Latin Spice (which was actually a really good workout!)
Thursday: rest. (yes, I'm actually taking rest days!)
Friday: 23 mile ride + 2 roundtrips to downtown on the mountain bike
Saturday: 32 mile ride + 3 mile run + 1 roundtrip downtown on the mountain bike
Sunday: 50 mile ride + 1.5 mile run
Totals: 15 miles run, 128 miles biked, 3.25 miles swam, 2 gym

Not bad at all. :) I think my best showing was this morning, because it was a amazing that I actually got out of bed after all the SXSW activity yesterday. And this week I rest - thank god!!!

No comments: