Sunday, March 16, 2008

More Celebrity Sightings...

This was my first year to really participate in SXSW - and by participate, I mean attend all the free shows that required no badge or wristband. There were emails going around for weeks about what shows to RSVP to, and honestly I ignored most of them. (Sorry, guys. Next year I will pay attention!) However, I did RSVP to Rachael Ray's "Feedback" Party for Saturday - free food, mojitos & music. Perfect.

This party was so much fun!! First of all, did I mention free food and drinks? I hadn't eaten anything after my morning bike/run, so I was starving. The only vegetarian option was mac & cheese, which was delicious. So it was mainly a liquid lunch day - and the passionfruit mojitos were flowing. Mmmmm....

We saw "The Cringe" - Rachael's husband's band. I don't have much to say about them except that watching Panther stare in awe at Billy Gibbons (of ZZ Top fame) was awesome.
Here we are with Rachael. This marks my third celebrity encounter recently, by the way. She was pretty cool - having fun watching her hubby and dancing in the crowd. The best band there was "Scissors for Lefty" - they were awesome. The lead singer even gave Mike a special rub on his head during the opening song. ;) The next band was pretty mediocre, so we went back inside and met up with Dionn, and, well, drank more. It was that kind of day, what can I say.

Next we headed over to the Gingerman to watch the Onion Creek Crawdaddies. And after that, it was time to call it a day. If you saw me today, then you know what happened on the way home. I've decided perhaps I shouldn't put that in writing. :)

I'm so glad that I finally took advantage of SXSW after nine years of living in Austin. Thanks to everyone who shared it with me!

No comments: