Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Give a $%# about an Oxford Comma

I did it! I somehow managed to see Vampire Weekend!!! To think I was sitting in Starbucks this morning and they came on the radio - and I said, "if only I could see them live. But there's no way." *Insert classic Erin pouty face here*

Somehow? Well, I'll thank Mike because he stood in line for an hour or so at the Parish, and I joined him in line only 3 people away from the door and was in within 5 minutes. Score!

More importantly... why Vampire Weekend? I've been listening to them almost nonstop for a while now, only taking breaks when I need my TMBG fix. They are easily my second favorite band of the moment. I didn't think I would get to see them since they are supposedly the biggest band at SXSW this year. But... I did! They were so freaking awesome. You can listen to the live version of the show here. (BTW Mike, it is 37:55!!!) I highly recommend them... they rock.

Anyway, we watched some other bands - but VW was certainly the highlight. We were so close to them, they sounded great live, there was plenty of free beer, I might be on PBS, etc, etc.... Just an awesome afternoon!

Oh, they ended with Oxford Comma! YAY!!!! :)

No comments: