Monday, March 17, 2008

Adventure Quest - May 31st!

I just want to apologize in advance for not specifically donating to any group rides, events, etc. this year. I promise that I support you! This year I've got a few select charities in mind that I will be giving to. So rather than say yes to some, and no to others, I'm going to pool my resources towards an event that is very special to me.

Last year, I helped coordinate the first AAFAME Amazing Race. This benefited a very special place called the Angelheart Children's Shelter, located in Plfugerville. Last year the event raised over $7,000 - and we only had 30 teams competing. This year, I hope to have a ton more and raise a lot more money. So... I won't ask anyone to donate - but, I do suggest you compete. Last year Tim & Carri won the whole thing, and to the best of my knowledge, had a great time in the process. This year's renamed Adventure Quest will be on Saturday, May 31st this year, and I'll be posting more details soon. Save the date - I promise you will have a blast. :)

In the meantime, good luck to all of my friends who are doing their own events. My helmet's off to you!

1 comment:

Missychel said...

good to know so I can try to get off work that Saturday.