Saturday, March 22, 2008

Owww!

I'm far too sore for this to have been my "easy week." I took it really easy, too... Damn it! (Or, as Kris would say, "DAMN it!") However, my quads, hamstrings and calves are soooo sore.

What a great morning for a ride. Panther, Dionn, Kris & I headed on a new route from East Austin to past 290 & Springdale. Minus a few hills (argh, I hate them so much!) it was a near perfect ride. I followed it with a 1.5 mile run with only the goal of keeping the three of them within site, and then we headed to Nuevo Leon for lunch. Perfect morning!!

I had 10-13 miles on my schedule for Sunday, but opted to do 10 with Leslie yesterday morning instead. Once upon a time, when I first started this running business, Leslie and I were the same pace. But then she got much faster, and I stopped marathon training, and now I believe she can kick my butt if we were to race. However, I love running with her because we are somewhat similarly paced now and yet she really makes me push myself. After 8 miles yesterday, I was ready to be done - but she looked really strong and I couldn't let her out show me. (Thank you so much, L! You are the best running partner!)

Other than a bike ride Wednesday followed by a sprint quality run, I don't have any reason why I'm so sore. I might take tomorrow off before two more weeks of pain begin.

By the way, I really love this training. It feels really nice to be doing something completely for myself that is challenging yet rewarding. And of course, sharing it with my friends is icing on the cake.

2 comments:

MW said...

icing on the cake, or icing on th (cup)cake?

Erin said...

i do like cupcakes, that is true!