Sunday, March 30, 2008

Stolen Rosedale Pictures

I stole these pictures from Amy's FlickR. Below is a picture of Glenda & me before starting off on our 63 mile Rosedale ride. Please notice what amazing fashion sense I have when I ride. Blue helmet, hot pink jersey, black and red bike shorts, and the Lulu-inspired sleeveless jersey/arm warmer combo. I never did end up taking those off yesterday - dang it was cold! Regardless of my fashion sense, I got to ride with Glenda! As in, Glenda stayed slow enough for me to keep up with her. I must say, this is the best I've felt on a long ride in a while. We faced a headwind for the first half of the ride which meant we got to cruise (for the most part) on the way back. We averaged 16.7mph and at one point were pulling a massive group of male riders. I admit, I love it when our group (this time, Glenda, Triscuit & me) were surrounded by all these serious guy cyclists. You can often feel their frustration - it rocks. :)

We all went to Trudy's post ride to meet up with Panther. I kept saying I felt like a massive donut hole. Throughout the ride, I tried to alternate between "sweet stop" and "healthy stop" by switching from a donut hole/cookie rest stop to an apple slice rest stop.
I gotta say, though. Nothing beats rest stops at supported rides. Or... um... post ride mexican food & ritas. ;) Good day, good day!

1 comment:

Slingshot said...

I think the sleeveless jersey/arm warmers look is quite sophisticated! It's like evening gloves :)