Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kill the Curls!

There is certainly something very empowering about making a change in your life. Whether big or small, taking steps (or even just one step) in a new direction often takes a lot of courage. But the payoff is usually worth it.

About a month ago, I decided to make a change. Guys who read my blog - feel free to stop reading now. :) A month ago, I decided to permanently straighten my hair. No more curls anymore!!! I hated my curly hair. There was maybe one day a month when I could make it look okay, but otherwise it was just a nuisance. The fact that I had to schedule workouts around how much time it would take to brush the tangles out of my hair was pretty absurd. Considering I often shower twice a day, my hair really does become an issue.

I also felt really self-conscious about it. I like things that are neat and orderly, and as anyone with curly hair knows - having an uncontrollable mane on top of your head does not make one feel very neat and orderly!

So... I took the plunge and killed the curls. I am happy to say that I could not be more thrilled. I no longer have to blowdry my hair! And if I do, it hardly takes any time at all. Second to Lasik, this was the best thing I have ever done to change something about myself. It was scary, but I am so glad I did it.

See.... straight hair!! YAY!!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Details, please. How do they do it? Where did you have it done? How much did it cost? How long does it last? DETAILS.
(It looks fabulous!)

holly said...

It looks great.

Sadie J said...

Very nice!

Missychel said...

looking god hot stuff!!