Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No Phony Smiles Here

Glad to say that there are no phony smiles here.

I'd just like to say that my days are so much better when I don't predict how they are going to turn out. I think it's pretty common for people to wake up and instantly plan how their days are going to go. (That meeting is going to suck. I'll do horrible at that workout. I don't want to make that call, my client is going to chew my ear. You know, that kind of stuff.) Instead, if you can just let things happen, without expectations, I think you will generally be surprised that things will usually be okay.

Take yesterday, for instance. Aside from some meetings and workouts, I had nothing concrete on my schedule. There were certainly things I wasn't looking forward to, like some things I had to take care of and my afternoon run workout. However, I let my nervousness/angst/etc. go, and it turned out to be a pretty awesome day... one that if I had predicted all of its pieces, it never would have happened.

And that is my psychobabble for the morning. Try it... next time you have to do something you really don't want to do, let go of predicting how it is going to go & just do it. In fact, try to enjoy it. Hope it works for you!

No comments: