Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You know I couldn't resist....

I tried to hide it as long as I could... but I just watched THIS Ironman video and I can't contain my excitment anymore. I'm registered. I'm excited. I'm ready to train! :)

I just had to write a bio for one of my associations, and it reads like this:
Outside work, Erin is a self-admitted triathlon addict. She started running in 2003 and hasn’t stopped since. Though she swore off marathons after running the 2006 Disneyworld Goofy Challenge – a half marathon on Saturday followed by a full marathon on Sunday - she’s going to have to do another one because she recently signed up for Ironman Coeur d’Alene 2009. (That’s 2.4 miles swimming, 112 biking and 26.2 running.) Her goal is to make it though the 10-20+ hour training weeks, finish the race in the allotted 17 hours, and still have a smile on her face once she’s done.

My dad has this to say about the whole thing: "140 miles in 17 hours??? Fun??? Or Crazy??"

Both!! :) Ironman 2009 - here I come!!!!

(You KNOW I couldn't resist!)

8 comments:

md said...

OMG!!!! YAY FOR YOU!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Dionn said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!

We are going to have so much FUN!!

Unknown said...

no limits

Enjoy ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, my you've gone to the dark side;-)

KP said...

Scary... fun! Scary fun!!! You'll kick ass, Seabass!

Mark said...

Heehee, I knew, they have Participants lists you know!

Woohoo, how exciting!

Erin said...

yeah, that's how t3 outted me too, mark. stupid published participant lists! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great job writing your bio! For anyone who needs some help writing a bio (and who doesn't?),
I have a site www.HowToWriteBio.com that provides fill-in-the-blank bio templates for a wide range of professions.