Thursday, July 24, 2008

"This is actually fun!"

This morning was another tough spin workout, though not nearly as killer as Tuesday night. I think having Katharine set my resistance versus Coach Pain made quite the difference. Also, I have been refocusing on fueling, so I never felt like I was going to bonk.

There was one point in the workout where we had to get our cadence up to 130rpm. 130!!! Somehow I was able to hold it AND not topple my bike over. At one point, I even looked over at Dionn and said, "this is actually fun!" Apparently my morning dose of crack is working! ;)

It might also be that my quality run was merely 2 miles last night. 2 laps warmup, 1 mile time trial, 2 laps cooldown & some core. My TT was 7:06. This is slower than what McMillan says I should run, but I was pretty happy with it. I definitely could have knocked off 6 seconds. I'm getting some really good coaching about how to fix my form. Apparently, I need to think "relaxed pendulum" instead of "flail around wildly" while I run.

Anyway, I'm getting into a good grove with my schedule, and that makes me very happy. I really like having a big part of my life taken care of for me... I merely show up and hand over all power to my coaches. I really like the schedule too - it's amazing how many options there are at T3, but I've found what fits my schedule:
Monday am: swim, pm: specialty run & core
Tuesday am: swim, pm: spin & core
Wednesday am: core (or sleep!), pm: quality run
Thursday am: spin, noon or pm: swim
Friday: off!
Saturday: long bike
Sunday: long run, optional recovery swim

I love it. I have even figured out how to pack for my day. For instance, today I had to pack my breakfast, snacks, work clothes, swim stuff, towels and a potential change of clothes. And coffee... had to pack coffee. (My office doesn't have any!) That makes 2 gym bags, a cooler, 2 filled water bottles & a coffee mug.

At some point, I'll probably just move into my car. I'm about 90% there anyway.

1 comment:

Dionn said...

And you wonder why I have a condo on wheels....

Awesome training week! Keep it up girlfriend! YOU ROCK!!