Friday, September 19, 2008

Dang Good Karma

Wow. When I say that no matter what, I will always land on my feet... today was the perfect example.

First... as I mentioned, I procrastinated my butt off in booking my Vegas flights. So I ended up on cheapair.com with a $500 ticket for dates that I didn't exactly want, and long travel days. But, it was my fault so I was going to deal with it.

Then, around 7:00pm, my long lost friend John sent me a text that he had a Southwest award ticket for me to use. But I already booked nonrefundable flights!!!! GRRRR! But... this morning, I called Southwest and found out they could put me on the exact flights I needed. I called cheapair and learned that because I was cancelling with in 24 hours, there would only be a $25 fee. So... in the end, I completely won out! YES! (By the way, I haven't seen John in eleven years. How amazing is it that he saved me?!!)

So... good karma... rockin'!

Later this afternoon, my boss called me and told me, "I need you to be a hero. Find xyz, and put it into place stat." Lucky for me, I was sitting right next to the man who could help me... and he took care of everything in a matter of minutes. Once I told my boss everything was under control, he sent me a, "Damn. You're awesome!" text back. Double karma!!

I am feeling so lucky right now. Rock on.

No comments: