Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ugly Knees

I was just looking in the mirror and realized that I have very ugly knees. I'm not sure if I was born this way, or if it's just the accumulation of cuts, bruises and scars over the years.

I was a very clumsy child (shock) and spent a lot of time in the school nurse's office. I also remember falling off my bike quite a bit as a child. And in college, geez. I fell over all the time for no reason at all. (Just ask Damsky, she oftentimes would look over to talk to me as we'd walk to class and I'd be flat on my face.) However, the majority of scars have come since I started training: largely due to tripping while running and falling off my bike.

So, the status of my ugly knees right now? Well, I still have bruises and scrapes from the Adventure Race last weekend, and today I managed to cut my knee while doing the T3 indoor bike ride. Seriously, I injured myself during indoor spin to the point I had blood running down my leg and now have even more bruises and cuts on my knees.

Who hurts themselves during indoor spin? Yeah, that's me. I do.

5 comments:

md said...

I thought the point of spinning indoors today was to stay safe from Ike??
Poor little E! blood was running down from her knee to her foot!


...thanks for keeping me strong today!

holly said...

I fell off my bike while it was on the trainer in my living room. I didn't have my helmet on and I hit my head on the fireplace.

I know triple check the the trainer set up.

meredith said...

Cute husband will wear his helmet while riding on rollers in the house. Well worth it as his first crash was LOUD! I am so happy you are having a great week, and are in busy, busy work mode well-rested :) m

Anonymous said...

I'm a card carrying member of the 'Ugly Shins Club'...see, I use them to find things in the dark :o)

Dionn said...

ooo...Oooo! Are we going to compare scars???

I wanna play!!

And that wasn't very nice of your bike to jump and bite you like that... bad bike!