Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting Back in the Game

No, sleep cannot overcome my blondness. BUT, it sure has made a difference in my attitude and ability this week.

This week is SO much better than last week. Phew!

Monday: 1.25 hour am swim (I felt fantastic and maybe even surprised my lane by pushing it); .25 hour pm core; 1 hour pm run (this was a mental victory. sly d & coach made me show up for zilker repeats, but i got to do a shortened workout); 8 hours of sleep!
Tuesday: 1.25 hour am swim (shared a t2 lane with Michelle & Jess, which rocked); 1 hour lunchtime nap; 2 hour spin (best spin class YET!), .25 hour run (felt like i was flying!)
Wednesday: 1 hour am swim (easy breezy 2750m); 1.5 hour quality run (2 mile warmup + 4 mile repeats at descending pace - pushed it and succeeded!)

I could stop right now and feel good about my week. Of course I won't, but I'm happy so far and am pleased to report that my head is back in the game. With that, time to go to sleep!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it!

Unknown said...

I can tell that you are back in it...I saw you trucking it in spin on Tuesday and you totally kicked my butt in the pool on Wednesday morning - you are a great lap leader! Keep up the awesome work!
-Erin

Priscilla said...

Way to go, Erin!! Less than a month to go before you can open up your can of whoop a$$!!!

Dionn said...

I'm quite sure I do not know to what you are refering regarding Monday's run. ;)

You are ROCKIN' IT GIRL!