Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricanes and Such

As much as I joke sometimes that my job is fairly easy, this week it has been insane! Working in the disaster recovery industry means that when a storm is coming, we are busy busy busy. Once a storm hits? Things get crazy.

I admit, I'm feeling little overwhelmed... I have a lot of work functions going on without needing to respond to Hurricane Ike. To put it in perspective, I do feel lucky that Austin seems to be spared. I really am hoping that it somehow fizzles out and the Texas coast is okay.

I did manage to meet Elizabeth & Blythe this morning at 4:45 to get our long run in. As I take on the rest of my day, it feels pretty darn good to have already run a half marathon this morning! Man I felt strong... stronger than I have felt in months. What a change in weeks this has been for me!

Alright, now to prepare for a trade show, hurricane conference call, respond to emails, run home to change/Karma duty, trade show, more hurricane stuff... and then, hopefully, T3 happy hour and some down time. I'll probably be asleep by 8:00. :) Should be a really good weekend - I'm thinking about it to get me through the rest of today.

1 comment:

:) said...

Be careful...hope you don't get any of the nasty weather...