Saturday, September 06, 2008

Snarky Erin

I'm not very proud of myself. I should have had a much better attitude about T3's Longhorn "Practiceman" this morning. My head was NOT in the game at all. Grrrrrr.

I am reconfirming what I've always known... it's not the training that I love, it's the people. Without them, I couldn't do this. Not physically and definitely not mentally.

This week, I owe Dionn, Elizabeth, Rhonda, Betty, Jess, Carrie, Charles, Kevin, Jim & Tom big time. They have all pushed me in workouts and/or made an effort to perk me up. For instance... Rhonda nearly drug me around the track on Wednesday night during our last mile time trial. Elizabeth met me at 5:00am yesterday to run 11 miles so we could get it over with. Dionn & Tom pulled me through 56 miles on the bike today (even dealing with my snarky attitutude and hour of sequestering). And poor D... I called her every curse word I know during our "run" after our bike today.

My fitness is fine. My nutrition was fine. (Thanks entirely to red velvet cupcake champion Meredith!!) It's just my head. This too shall pass, right?

Anyway, the post-Practiceman bbq was a blast. After I regained conciousness from 4.25 hours of training, took a dip in the lake and changed, I was happy as ever again. I'm ready for a nap, some Sweet Sweet condo UT Football action, and a great morning tomorrow.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

You did your fair share of pulling today too :) Very much enjoyed the ride... will have to get together with the 'hammer girls' for a ride again soon.

MW said...

i like the word Snarky. it's almost as funny as mawahmawahmawah-Tweeeet-tabata

Dionn said...

Girl you rocked it...even when your head was trying to get in the way!

It takes a village sometimes....

Way to work it today!