Monday, September 01, 2008

Jetlag Excuses

I'm blaming Jetlag for why I'm not doing anything today. 2 hours is a big deal, people!!! I mean, it's only 9:30am on the Island, meaning I've been up since 8:00.

I had some grand plans to run or bike or swim today, but I will probably just take one more day off. We're ramping up this week, so I'm taking as much rest as I can. Only one more month until Longhorn!

The real reason why I'm so lazy and tired? Annie & Jenna convinced me to join Facebook. I used to be a Friendster person, but lost interest. I was never a MySpace person. We'll see how this goes. I feel uber-dorky sending people requests to "be my friend." Anyway, this kept me up until 1:00am last night. Oops.

I think there's a hurricane brewing. I am anticipating about 1000 emails from my work account regarding this, but I'm not opening it until tomorrow. I am still on vacation!!

Speaking of work, my boss was being very nice to me on Wednesday. I told him he was afraid I would get to California, fall in love with it, and stay forever. I was joking at the time, but this weekend I came to realize something... why not? I'm versatile. I can move. What's really holding me back from starting all over again? (I mean, maybe I can even find a job that pays dental insurance, right?)

Hmmmm. Something to think about...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

I was swimming next to you on Friday morning. Thanks for the motivation! I'd like to keep in touch with you. What do you think? -Bill wlamwlam@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

It's so much fun to move somewhere new where you don't know anyone. You can always come back!

SleeplessInSeattle said...

Congrats on taking the facebook plunge! Funny how Jenna got you to join since she took some convincing to join!!!