Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Not Guilty!

This post had me cracking up this morning:
Stuff White People Like #108: Appearing to like Classical Music.

I find it especially timely since I've been raving about how amazing Philip Glass is lately, especially in his documentary Koyaanisqatsi. I quote, "Knowing these composers is almost a golden ticket into making white people think you are smart, but not TOO smart.

The first, of course, is Philip Glass. Not only does he have one of the best last names a white person can have, but he writes music used in smart documentaries. Thus combining multiple white passions into a single artist."

For the record, I really do enjoy classical music. In fact, if you check my cd player, I'm often listening to Gustav Holst, Vivaldi or some classical compilation cd. Honest! I have seen Philip Glass a number of times, my favorite was when he did a score for the original Phantom of the Opera. I'm not a poser, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holst is one of my favorites as well.

I love the Planets and 1st Suite in Eb.

Have you heard "Einstein on the Beach" by Philip Glass? That's the first one of his I heard, several years back.