Saturday, June 02, 2007

Birthday Brick

Perhaps because it's my birthday, I had one of the best workouts of the year today. Camp Punishment met at the Veloway for a brick at 7:00am. I was a bit worried about this workout, seeing as yesterday consisted of cake and beer.

The workout was awesome. First we did a 1 mile warmup (which I did at an 8:32 pace). Glenda was kind enough to stick by me for the run and then stay with me during the 25 mile bike ride. We didn't push it too much (though keeping up with her is always pushing it for me) and we averaged 20mph! Then, we did a 5 mile run that I finished in 44:34. Sub 9 minute miles! I also happened to be the second one of the group who finished the workout, and I was pretty damn proud of myself for that.

The workout was awesome. I kicked butt. I am really working on changing my perspective from "I'm not fast, I just need to finish" to "I'm not the slowest person out here, damnit. In fact, I can kick some ass if I want to." It's a big shift, but I'm enjoying making it.

Post-workout breakfast & mimosas at Giss's were awesome too. Wiley surprised me with some finger puppets - an awesome way to wrap up the morning.

Next up... the Metroplex Sprint Triathlon on June 10th. We'll see if I can repeat this morning next Sunday.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome--yay for you!! :)

Lulu said...

Happy Birthday to you! I keep trying to tell you that you are fast now. I am glad you are finally starting to believe it!

meredith said...

happy birthday Erin! I am so glad that you had a great one!! See you Tuesday.
meredith

Missychel said...

That was a great morning. I am glad that I was able to spend it with you.