Saturday, June 16, 2007

Phoenix!

Whew! What a week. Tonight will be the second time in a row I've slept in my own bed - a first since last week. Thursday & Friday were spent at a conference in Phoenix. I had a really great time at the conference, but also just being in a different part of the country.

Even though I stupidly booked us at the wrong resort hotel, the place we stayed was amazing. I ended up looking like a hero! The resort where the conference was held was also beautiful. At one point, I walked outside during our break and found almost 30 bunny rabbits hopping around the landscaping. They were so cool!Since our flight left pretty late on Friday, we had a couple of free hours to explore the city. My coworker wanted to see the mountains, so we took a drive up to the top of one and took in the scenery.

I wanted to check out downtown Scottsdale and the local art scene. We stopped by the Scottsdale Civic Center and look what I found!
I also found this sculpture titled "Windows to the West." It was sooooooo cool.

I arrived home at midnight last night, and slept until almost noon today. I don't know how people who have jobs that require constant travel do it - I still feel like I need a day to recover.

I am so glad I got to attend this conference. My coworkers and I got a lot done, made some good contacts, learned a lot, etc... I got to know the Houston manager a lot better, which will be very helpful for my endeavors in Houston. And I got to see Phoenix - what a beautiful city!

1 comment:

MW said...

Looks hot out there!